Jib Supports The Autists
October 3, 2009 | By admin
A one-day Toronto event dedicated to revealing, celebrating and commercializing the creative genius residing in the autistic/Asperger’s minds that live among us.
Just what is The Autists?
- A fabulous party with superb food & drink and lively, accessible culture
- An event at which anyone with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and something artistic of their own creation to sell can have it auctioned off to the highest bidder
- A nexus where those with ASD and an unusual gift — whether in the arts, science, engineering, etc. — can engage with institutions willing to compensate fairly in exchange for harnessing that gift
- An event at which professionals from the ASD field can meet peers, share information and techniques, and thus improve their own game
- A reliable source of annual funding for the Geneva Centre for Autism, an international leader in the development and delivery of clinical intervention services and training
This is a project that is very dear to our great friend Paul Fenn. Please support this cause by becoming a sponsor or if you know a creative genius who should submit their work, please visit their web site.